Meet the Curl Boutique Team
One thing that makes the Curl Boutique so unique is that we’re a team-based salon - and proud of it! As a small, specialty, boutique salon, each of our team members is trained to cut, color, and style your curls. In fact, you will most likely interact with and be serviced by each member of our team during your appointment. We also encourage clients to book with any stylist when scheduling appointments. This structure demonstrates and cultivates our supportive and collaborative culture.
Our team members support each other relentlessly through their actions, decisions, and words because we are all working towards the same goal: providing you with the very best in curly hair services, every time.
Sammy is beyond excited to welcome you to the Curl Boutique. Sammy fatefully met Debbi while working the cash register at a local licensed beauty supply store. With her warm personality and vast product knowledge, Debbi knew she would be an asset to the ever-growing team. It wasn't long before Sammy's first day at the Curl Boutique, and after that, she was becoming a client favorite. Sammy came aboard to support and work alongside the incredibly passionate and talented staff. Cosmetology is a true, long-standing love of Sammy's, and she often studies new techniques or products in her spare time. She also is part of the curl family with long, naturally curly hair!
Sammy believes that what makes the Curl Boutique so unique and beloved is the specialized, exclusive, curl-focused approach delivered via education, experience, and skills. She enjoys the atmosphere in the salon where she gets to learn while simultaneously working with clients. Sammy has a spirit for service and she looks forward to meeting you!
Get to Know Sammy!
- I love… fashion, beauty (makeup, skincare, fragrance), traveling and exploring, thrift shopping, horror films, video games, being independent and making people feel beautiful and more confident, inside and out!
- My specialty is… I like to think I have great people skills and can keep a conversation going! I also love making others laugh and smile.
- My favorite apps… Amazon, Starbucks, and eBay.
- My guilty pleasures are… Pokémon and Downton Abbey… hehe!
- I must read/follow/listen to… books and poetry by Sylvia Plath and Anne Sexton, stories by H.P. Lovecraft and Edgar Allan Poe, art and photography by Cindy Sherman, Louise Bourgeois, Marilyn Minter, John Willie, Hans Bellmer, and Guy Bourdin, and designers Gareth Pugh, Rick Owens, Alexander McQueen, Thierry Mugler, and Lanvin.
- My daily essentials are… coffee, candles, Tom Ford cologne, Madonna, and oh - did I mention coffee?! I also cherish having downtime to recharge and relax daily!
- To me, education is… vital to our growth, and helps us to evolve and adapt!
- My approach to curls is… "embrace what you have - naturally!"
- My must-have life tools are… a sketchbook, music, the latest fashion magazine, and a latte (or three!).
- I find inspiration from… unexpected places. It seems to happen most when I'm not even looking for it.
- What's it like to work in a team-based salon? Inclusive, inspiring, and full of endless possibilities for everyone!
- My favorite meme/GIF is…
Barbara's career began in education. Her love of learning and educating others quickly became her passion. In 2001, Barbara joined the beauty industry when she met and married Brett Pierce, who along with his family owns a successful salon in Huntsville, AL. Since then, Barbara has come to admire and embrace the beauty industry and has combined her respect and knowledge of the beauty industry with her passion for education to help others develop growth and performance in their own company.
Whether teaching or working in the salon, Barbara lives by the No-Compromise Leadership principles. As a Certified Strategies Coach, she faces every challenge with a positive outlook. "I just want everyone to know the joy of setting goals and reaching them." Barbara believes the systems and methods taught by Strategies will empower business leaders and equip them to overcome any obstacle. "Our introduction to Strategies all those years ago was a turning point for our company that sparked a period of positive change and growth for us." Now enjoying the challenges that come with opening a new salon location, Barbara is excited to bring her educational skills and salon management knowledge to businesses seeking to achieve their maximum potential.
- I love… to keep 'em laughing.
- My specialty is… being a social chameleon. I love meeting people across a variety of cultures, and I feel like I can fit-in well regardless of social situation.
- My favorite app is… Instacart! Bring me my groceries!!!
- My guilty pleasures are… the Young and the Restless and SO MUCH chocolate!
- I must read/follow/listen to… anything Simon Sinek, Donald Miller, Karin Slaughter for the non-fiction.
- My daily essentials are… a vat of moisturizer and snugs with my dogs 🐶 🐶 🐶.
- To me, education is… essential - once the learning stops, the life deteriorates.
- My approach to curls is… envy laced with a little resentment (I'm sadly NOT a curly girl!).
- My must-have life tools are… mad organizational skills and caffeine.
- I find inspiration from… when someone feeds me 🙂
- What’s it like to work in a team-based salon? Liberating! You know someone always has your back, there is always support, and everyone is rowing in the same direction. Once you see a real team in action, you can't unsee it. Team has a breath and life and body that's absent in so many other workplace settings.
- My favorite meme/GIF is…